User Requirements and Experience Research
Member Price: $199
Non-member Price: $275
Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am – 4pm
Public Class Schedule
Don’t see the dates you need? Call us at 1-888-484-2933.
Course Description: In this course you will learn how to: Distinguish business needs from customer needs; Determine the best research methods for your project; Create personas; Use research results to aid in design and development.
- Why research user requirements and experiences?
- Defining user experience research, design research, usability research and market research
- Gleaning customer insights
- Types of research and their best uses
- Attitudinal vs. Behavioral, Qualitative vs. Quantitative, Context of Use
- Natural use, scripted, de-contextualized and hybrid methods
- Data mining
- Competitive analysis
- Listening posts
- Surveys and feedback
- Usability studies
- Ethnographic studies
- Creating personas
- Advantages and disadvantages of personas in waterfall and agile design paradigms
- Assessing motivations
- User needs vs. business needs
- Perceptual control theory (PCT)
- Developing personas
- Creating scenarios
- How research guides design and development
- So now what?
- Visual aids: persona profiles, process flow charts and swimlanes
- Integrating findings into information architecture
- Integrating findings into visual, GUI and interaction design